Community Benefits are the free and in-kind services we provide—through the Western Wisconsin Division of the Hospital Sisters Health System. Each year, this multimillion dollar commitment benefits thousands of people in Eau Claire, Chippewa and surrounding counties.
It’s part of our Franciscan mission to serve the sick and the poor, and improve the health and wellness of our communities.
In an uncertain economy with growing unemployment, Sacred Heart Hospital and our sister hospital,
St. Joseph’s Hospital, are proud to be able to significantly increase our total Community Benefit each year. What’s more, collaborating allows us to deliver benefits to our communities with greater impact and efficiency.
Our contributions of more than $50 million benefited local communities in the most recent fiscal year. And that’s just one part of the larger impact Sacred Heart Hospital makes. Thanks to our dedicated colleagues, volunteers and Friends. Thanks to patients, families and community members who help us extend hope to everyone within our reach.
Events and Organizations
One way we offer support is by proudly supporting or sponsoring many community events and organizations, including:
- Adopt a Family at Christmas
- Alzheimer’s Association Memory Walk
- American Heart Association Walk
- Bone Marrow Screening
- Brain Injury Association of Wisconsin
- Breakfast in the Valley
- Buckshot Run–First Aid Tent
- Cardiac Risk Screening
- Coat and Linen Drive
- First Community Appreciation Night–Eau Claire Cavaliers and Eau Claire Express First Aid Tent
- Country Jam–First Aid Tent
- Energize Eau Claire
- Festival in the Pines–First Aid Tent
- Get Hooked on Health Expo
- International Fall Festival–First Aid Tent
- Indoor Sports Center Kids Expo
- Pediatric Health Fair
- Polar Plunge
- Red Cross–Real Heroes
- Relay for Life–American Cancer Society
- Sawdust City Days
- Stroke Prevention Clinic
- United Way
- Women to Women Healthcare Expo