L.E. Phillips Physical Rehabilitation Center
We believe in treating the whole person by addressing the physical, communication, psychosocial and spiritual needs of each individual, and offering the support and services needed to reach your maximum level of independence.
Services provided in the L.E. Phillips Physical Rehabilitation Center, located on the 9th floor of the hospital, include:
- occupational therapy—helping patients with the business of daily living such as: dressing, bathing, grooming, eating, driving readiness, and home management tasks
- rehabilitative nursing—helping patients with long-term physical disabilities, or chronic illnesses reach their full potential
- physical therapy—providing comprehensive care to help patients get back strength and function after an illness or injury
- speech language pathology—helping patients with communications disorders, as well as problems with swallowing and thinking skills
The variety and depth of services available here—in one location—is unmatched in the region and offers many benefits:
- Patients, therapists, nurses and physicians are all located on the same floor, which promotes frequent face-to-face communication.
- Our rehabilitation teams meet daily to discuss the individual needs of patients.
- A full range of hospital services such as trauma care, radiology, laboratory and electrodiagnostics are available on the premises.
- Our therapist- and nurse-to-patient ratio is very high.
- We offer a comprehensive community reintegration program, led by our rehab team.
- We are the only CARF-Accredited inpatient rehabilitation program in western Wisconsin.