Visitor Information & Services
We welcome and encourage you to be here. Family and friends play a key role in healing and recovery. You are often a key member of your loved one’s healthcare team—before, during and after a hospital stay.
Just as you are vital to the health of your loved one, so is being aware of the things you can do to keep everyone in the hospital safe and on the path to healing. For our patients’ safety and best interests, we ask that you follow just a few simple guidelines:
- Please use one of our public restrooms. Please do not use the patient bathrooms, which are reserved only for patients to reduce infection risks.
- Please do not visit if you are sick or might have a cold or other illness.
- Work with our staff to allow patients much needed rest and sleep.
- Ensure that visiting children are supervised by an adult other than the patient.
- Be considerate of other patients by keeping noise to a minimum.
- Observe our infection prevention signs and see the nurse before entering the room.
- Respect “no visitor” signs. These are only placed when patients request no visitors.
Smoke Free Environment
Please refrain from using tobacco products while you are on hospital grounds. As a leading provider of healthcare services, Sacred Heart Hospital is committed to providing a healthy environment for patients, visitors, physicians, volunteers and employees. We appreciate your cooperation with our request.
Now is the perfect time to start being smoke free. Here are some tools to help:
- Visit the American Lung Association’s free “Freedom from Smoking” individual online program at www.ffsonline.org.
- Call the Wisconsin Tobacco Quit Line for professional counseling services at 1.800.QUIT-NOW (784.8669).
Located on the lower level of the hospital, our Cafeteria offers our staff, volunteers, physicians and visitors a wide variety of delicious items, including:
- hot entrees, homemade soups, a full salad bar
- made-to-order deli sandwiches, hot and cold “grab-n-go” pre-made sandwiches and homemade pizzas
- tasty desserts and ice cream treats
Hours: 6:30 a.m. to 6:30 p.m., seven days a week. Hot meals are served from 6:30 a.m. to 9:30 a.m., 10 a.m. to 1:30 p.m. and 4:15 to 6:30 p.m.
A vending machine area, located next to the Cafeteria, is open 24 hours a day.
Guest trays are available if you wish to remain in the room with the hospital patient. If a guest tray is desired, please call Nutrition Services:
- Choices may be made from the general menu.
- The price of a guest tray is $5.50, which will be collected upon delivery.
- Guest trays are available from 7a.m.–6p.m.
Any day is cause to celebrate, rejoice or remember someone in need of prayers and comfort. Our gift shop, located on the first floor of the hospital, offers a variety of unique items at affordable prices for that special someone or occasion, including:
- beautiful flower arrangements
- cards and more
Hours: 8 a.m.–7 p.m., Monday through Friday
Noon–4 p.m., Saturday and Sunday
Order by phone: 715.717.4231
Please call to place an order or learn more. Free delivery for patients and staff.
Many area hotels provide discounts to Sacred Heart Hospital patients—as well as to families and friends who must travel to be near a loved one. Information on discounts is available by calling the following facilities and requesting their “Hospital Rate.”
Please note: these discounts are provided out of consideration to the special needs of families and friends, as well as discharged patients and outpatients who travel long distances to visit Sacred Heart Hospital.
Our hospital does not assume any responsibility for accommodations, but provides the following numbers as a service.
- America’s Best Value Inn: (715) 834-6611
- AmericInn of Eau Claire: (715) 874-4900
- Antlers Motel: (715) 834-5313
- Best Western: (715) 838-9989
- Clarion Hotel: (715) 835-2211
- Comfort Inn: (715) 833-9798
- Country Inn & Suites: (715) 832-7289
- Day’s Inn West: (715) 874-5550
- Day’s Inn Campus: (715) 834-3193
- Grandstay Residential Suites Hotel: (715) 834-1700
- Hampton Inn: (715) 833-0003
- Heartland Inn: (715) 839-7100
- Highlander Inn: (715) 835-2261
- Holiday Inn Eau Claire South I-94: (715) 830-9889
- Holiday Inn Express & Suites Eau Claire North: (715) 723-4654
- Maple Manor: (715) 834-2618
- Metropolis Hotel: (715) 852-6000
- Plaza Hotel & Suites: (715) 834-3181
- Sleep Inn & Suites: (715) 874-2900
- Staybridge Suites Eau Claire-Altoona: (715) 830-0800
- The Lismore Hotel Eau Claire: (715) 835-8888
Please visit the Eau Claire Chamber of Commerce website for a full listing of area hotels.