Nursing Strategic Plan
Mission: To reveal and embody Christ’s healing love for all people through our high quality Franciscan health care ministry
Leading the Way with Passion, Quality and Excellence.
- Improve overall patient experience by 10% as a result of “connecting compassionately” with patient/family and each other.
- Increase HSHS mission outreach donations by 15% increase in pounds sent.
- Complete standardization of nursing practices through policies, procedures and education utilizing evidence and best practice. (Nursing Leadership Council).
- Increase number of events reported by 5% identifying trends to improve patient care.
- Improve processes to decrease patient length of stay to national benchmark. (Each hospital will have different benchmark based on case mix index).
Develop our People
- Restructure onboarding and education program for nursing colleagues to improve nursing engagement to the 75th percentile.
- Increase nurse educational preparation to BSN or higher by 5% annually (80% BSN prepared nurses by 2020).
- Promote fiscal responsibility in nursing including standardizing six supplies across the division
- Decrease supply costs by 2%.
- Improve patient education as evidenced by increase of 10% on HCAHP question, “Nurses explained things in a way you could understand.”